A working wife and mom with 2 kids who bakes, watches sports, loves Disney and the randomness of life. We love to travel, love living the Wisconsin life, and have fun whenever we can. Come along on our crazy adventures!

Thursday, January 30, 2014

On the Tele..and "I'm Somebody's Mom!"

Maybe I've become disinfranchised with what's on TV lately, or I've caught up on most of my shows that have gone on hiatus for the winter or Olympics or whatever reason they're off the air, but I have become ADDICTED to British TV.

Over the break and since, I've watched the following:










 
 Still watching Downton in American time, so we're about 1/2 way through the season.





 

and some of this:

 

What can I say, I'm loving them. I don't know why they seem so much more complex and deeper than a lot of the American shows on TV right now. I have to give the edge to Luther for crime dramas. As a forever fan of Law and Order: SVU, it's slowly losing me while I just can't get enough of Luther. The characters are complex and so well written and acted. It's highly recommended by me!


Also, I had to wonder. For all my parent friends out there, do you ever have those moments where it just hits you that you yourself are not a child anymore and that you're someone's parent? It's so crazy, because even at  32 years old, I still get the passing (and very brief) feeling that I'm still just a kid. Like when I started to feel ill last night, I went into my son's room and grabbed a stuffed animal, because cuddling with it at night made me feel better. Or I sometimes get that "hurt feelings" feeling when someone says something to you the wrong way or when something makes you flash back to a moment in your childhood where you felt bad. For a moment you feel like a kid again. Then reality smacks you in the face and you realize "Oh, God, I'm responsible for 2 human beings! When did that happen?"

Always amazes me how time flies.....

No comments:

Post a Comment