A working wife and mom with 2 kids who bakes, watches sports, loves Disney and the randomness of life. We love to travel, love living the Wisconsin life, and have fun whenever we can. Come along on our crazy adventures!

Monday, February 17, 2014

Gains and Losses

There are certainly things you expect to gain when you're pregnant with your children. Weight, fluids, and that weepy-ness that comes with being a mom (I'm looking at you Olympic "Thank You Mom" commercials----you GUT me!). You gain this big mushy heart that suddenly is so sensitive to every little thing. When you child comes to you telling you no one will play with him on the playground, your heart breaks a little, because I've been there. I imagine that adorable little specimen of a person playing alone on the playground, looking longingly at his friends and it really breaks me. He's had such a tough year and we're just starting on a new positive road of discovery for him, so I'm really hoping it turns around for him. I love him to pieces and can't help but have the worried mom side of me all the time.

He did lose something recently, though. His first TOOTH!  I thought this thing was coming out on the cruise, but it took it's sweet time and a week ago with one little yank, it was out and the Tooth Fairy arrived for a visit.
One down!

While Eli is losing things, Samuel is gaining a lot...of weight! Holy cow do we have a big baby on our hands. Our sweet almost 7 month old is 23 1/2 lbs, 29 inches. He's in 12-18 month clothing! But such a sweet, dear baby. He's always happy, except when he's hungry....

Trying our hand at teething biscuits!

Another thing I've gained? Thanks to my pregnancies with Eli and Samuel, I've gone from pretty pin-straight hair to a head full of curls! I finally gave up the long hair that I'd been throwing back in a bun and got it cut, only to have people think I got a perm (What is this, 1986?). It's insane what hormonal changes will do to your body.

Holy hair!

Our family is SO over winter here in Wisconsin. It seems like it's never nice enough out to even take the boys out. And of course it's snowing AGAIN! Ugh.

I'll leave you with the happy thought that Hidden Mickeys are everywhere, as illustrated by Eli:



No comments:

Post a Comment