A working wife and mom with 2 kids who bakes, watches sports, loves Disney and the randomness of life. We love to travel, love living the Wisconsin life, and have fun whenever we can. Come along on our crazy adventures!

Monday, September 26, 2011

Relax

What do you do to relax? To me, a trip to the family cabin is always the best bet for "recharging your batteries" as my boss says. There's something that I still really appreciate about the crisp, fresh Northern Wisconsin air, and it's the act of returning home that always warms your heart. I miss it so much. I've been trying for awhile to look for jobs up there, but nothing has been worth leaving my current position for. I always thought that I would love living and raising a family in the city, but the more I see my son play outside at our cabin, the more I wish he had woods, or at least a bigger yard to run around in.

Being from Northern Wisconsin, I feel like it's something I was somehow bothered by when I was in college and grad school. But as life got more stressful and I need that solace, I realized all the amazing things I was taking for granted. Things are just different up there, and I don't say that in a bad way. It's slower, cleaner, fresher, cheaper, and it's home. There's no way to escape the beautiful turning of the fall leaves, or the fresh snow on the pine trees. I just love nature, and I want that for my son. . .


Lake Metonga, Crandon WI






Wolf River-Around the bend from the Cabin




My favorite drive...Hwy 55

So I guess the moral of this is that you should embrace who you are, where you're from and all the things of your past. I think the harder you run from something, the more you deny it and walk away from it, the more you yearn for it and the more it really feels like home.

1 comment:

  1. So interesting that you'd like to move north! And I love your photos, so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete